Monday, January 01, 2007

An Eternity

You capture me
With a smile deep in your eyes
Sun and moon together shine
You transport me
Both yesterday and tomorrow
disappear in your warmth
You touch me
And from your touch
spring warm summer hillsides
studded with flowers
and perfumed by the winds
You hold me
And from your arms
comes the warmth
of a raging fire on
the safest hearth
Snug against the winter
winds of life

that threaten to carry me away
Your lips, so absent, beckon
sweetest water
under an arid sky
Words whisper between us
silent as moonlight
They flow, wordless
Yet full of meaning
I strain to hear them
in vain
with these woman's ears
and hear only a deafening
heartrending silence
Until you steal close
surround me again
and from both darkness and sorrow
I hear you once again
Wordless whispers
Only my soul can hear
When once you have persuaded her
to listen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love....dangerous in so many ways...drawn to its pain as much as its beauty...

Would that I could take away all the sharp edges and replace them with warmpth and light.

I am and will remain the eager listener and eager comfort for you to land...you have but to let me know..when to show at your step.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Cinnabar1 said...

Yes, dear -- that cup runneth over & is always & forever returned a hundred fold... a repeating theme in a lifetime conversation :)

Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home