Friday, September 18, 2009

Update, September 2009

And again, a year has passed since last I penned these Hallo!-halls. Once again, a year filled with everythings & nothings. Nothings for me, the woman. Everything for me, the mom.

In December of 2008, my daughter was diagnosed with Friedreich's Ataxia. FA is a genetic, degenerative neurological disorder. Currently, there is no treatment, there is no cure. There is no guarantee as to progression. There is only a 'wait and see' and daily, a sharper yet more poignant appreciation of things we mostly take for granted. Like walking. And talking. And swallowing. And healthcare. I may post more about FA later, if I come back here any time soon. There's certainly plenty to read if you just do a simple google search. Suffice it to say that the last 9 months have been ... interesting.

Yesterday, she came home & said she wanted to try out for cheerleading. Just try out. She has absolutely no expectations of actually making it -- she just wants to try. Please, mom? Good for her! God, kids are amazing. MY kid is amazing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Friday, January 08, 2010 1:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Friday, February 19, 2010 8:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

yes, your child is amazing :)

Friday, September 17, 2010 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home